The Stone Mill Public Market is Hiring!!!
Are you excited to bring something new to Middlebury, Vermont? Are you passionate about quality products, meeting people, and being at the center of a community? Are you looking to join a new team and build something special from ground up? Do you love a challenge?
Opening in late September of 2019, The Stone Mill will provide a daily destination in Middlebury, Vermont. This completely renovated 1840 mill building will now house a restaurant (The Mad Taco), The Stone Mill Public Market, The Stone Mill @Work co-working space and The Rooms at The Stone Mill lodging units. In the center of downtown Middlebury and located adjacent to Otter Creek, The Stone Mill is creating a favorite destination for the local community and beyond.
The Stone Mill Public Market is currently seeking passionate and professional team members to join our family!
The market will be home to multiple retail businesses, all under one roof, with one customer check-out experience. It will provide customers with the opportunity to learn as well as shop and will offer businesses the chance to enter the Middlebury market with minimal overhead investment.
If you love people, great products and can tell a good story, joining The Stone Mill Public Market may be the place for you!
Job Title: Stone Mill Market Ambassador
The Market Ambassador will be responsible for creating and maintaining an exceptional retail experience for The Stone Mill customers and vendors. As Market Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to interact with leading purveyors of wine, cheese, home goods, and other retail partners. You will interact with customers from Vermont and beyond, sharing the stories of our vendors and their offerings, as well as The Stone Mill products.
The Market Ambassador will be responsible for the entire customer experience including welcoming, product knowledge and customer purchases.
The Stone Mill will provide extensive training in conjunction with our vendors. With their help, the Market Ambassador will gain insight into the worlds of wine, cheese, home, lifestyle design and more!
Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri – 10 AM to 6 PM | Opening shifts will begin at 9:30 AM | Closing Shifts will end at 6:30 PM
Minimum Hours per Week: 20 Hours
Employment Type: Part-Time
Starting Pay: $15 Per Hour
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a track record of friendly and professional customer experience.
- Enjoy meeting new people, creating a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Have a strong sense of style and ability to create and maintain an aesthetically pleasing space.
- Be extremely attentive to details and organized.
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Be good under pressure and able to solve problems on the fly.
- Be good with numbers.
- Have a great sense of humor!
- Market Open/Close checklist
- POS management and transactions
- Inventory management and reporting as necessary
- Inventory restocking and merchandising support
- Customer interactions and product knowledge transfer
- Bank Liaison
- General Market maintenance
Additional Duties May Include
- Vendor and customer follow-up
- Inventory receiving
- The Stone Mill @Work liaison
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 2+ years retail experience or similar job experience
- POS system experience
- Demonstrated strength in problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and task oriented
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues, customers and vendors in a friendly and professional manner
- The person in this position needs to be able to climb stairs and move about the market throughout the day.
- May be in a stationary position for some time (sitting and/or standing) depending on customer volume.
- The person in this position will need to be able to lift and sort boxes of inventory.
- Operate a keyboard, touchscreen and barcode scanner
Interested: Email email@example.com